Saturday, 3 January 2009

Soya sauce and honey salmon



I had this in a restaurant a while back and it seems to be quite a popular flavour at the moment. I tried to recreate it at home just following the name of the dish to determine the ingredients. I am not sure that it tasted exactly like the restaurant version but it was still pretty tasty.

Ingredients

  • 2 salmon steaks
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce

Pre heat your grill to a high heat.

Combine the honey and soya sauce and mix well. It helps if the honey is slightly warmed to make it softer. I did this by holding the jar of honey under the hot tap ... With the lid on of course... Until it is a little bit softer.

Put the salmon steaks onto the grill pan and coat the top side with the sauce mix. Grill this side until done to your liking then turn over and do the same with the other side.

Serve at once. I served this with an orange and beetroot salad.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: