OK, so this is yet another low calorie recipe and again, not too bad at all!
- 500 g lean beef steak, cubed
- 2 onions - sliced
- 2 peppers (I used yellow) - sliced
- 2 carrots - made into "sticks"
- 2 tsp ginger
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped finely
- 4 dried red chillies - chopped finely
- 4 tsp dried cumin
- 4 tsp dried turmeric
- 4 tsp dried ground coriander
- ~250 g yoghurt (low fat)
- 2 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- Low fat cooking spray
Spray the pan again with the low fat cooking spray, and stir fry the onions, carrots and peppers for about 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
Now add the spices, chillies and garlic and stir fry for another minute or two.
Add the yoghurt and tinned tomatoes, stir well, and then add the meat back to the pan. The recipe called for 200 ml water to be added at this point, which I did, but I recommend that you don't as it makes for a very watery sauce! Not good.
Bring to the boil and simmer gently for an hour.
And then it is ready! We served it with jacket potatoes (more on those later) and sprinkled with fresh coriander. As you can see, the sauce is a bit watery!