Thursday, 21 August 2008

Mint Sauce and Lamb - Magimix 4200

As you can see, I still have lots of mint in the garden, so we decided to have lamb chops with mint sauce for dinner tonight. I apologise in advance for the poor picture quality on this post, I had to use my phone and its got no flash on it and its "only" 3 megapixels - I remember the days (well a couple of years ago) when that was loads! Anyway, on with the mint sauce...

Ingredients

  • Lots of fresh mint
  • 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons boiling water
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
Pick and wash lots of fresh mint leaves, removing any hard stalks. I picked enough to fill the small bowl in my Magimix 4200 then sprinkled the sugar in, poured on the boiling water and vinegar. The boiling water just helps to bring out the flavour of the mint, and you get a really nice smell when you start chopping this.

Pulse a couple of times in the mixer, and then blend until the mint is finely chopped (you can also do the chopping the old fashioned way - with a knife - but this is a lot quicker if you do have a blender or food processor).


You might need to add a little more liquid, depending on exactly how much mint you picked, but I wanted mine to be about this consistency here...


And what goes well with mint sauce? Lamb, obviously! So here it is, grilled lamb chops with mint sauce, new potatoes, coleslaw and freshly picked tomatoes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Ruth Elkin said...

Great sauce for more than just lamb, looks and sounds tasty!

Ryan said...

Great for more than lamb!? What else goes well with mint sauce? Suggestions please!! I have only ever eaten it with lamb myself but I love the taste of it!