Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Spinach and courgette soup - fresh from the garden


This is another recipe made from some freshly picked garden vegetables. In the recent got weather, all my veg have started to grow like mad. I am getting about half a dozen courgettes to pick every couple of days. So, if anyone has any good courgette based recipes i would love to see them.

I am writing this post on my mobile, a new feature i have just discovered so i can post whilst out and about. Right now i am waiting for my a train in the under ground station fully aware that i will miss my mainline connection. Anyway, back to courgettes?

This is a pretty basic soup recipe, and ready in under half an hour, like a lot of my recipes.

Finely cos some garlic and an onion, and fry in a little oil. Meanwhile, wash and slice the courgettes, then saute for a few minutes with the onion and garlic. Cover with vegetable stock, and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes then add some Spinach, and herbs... I used thyme as this goes well with courgettes.

Simmer for another couple of minutes til t.id Spinach is cooked and remove from the heat. Liquidise, season to taste, and serve immediately.

You can see in the picture i swirled a little bit of cream into the soup when serving. Well, i say swirled maybe glooped is a better word!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Ben said...

Hehe, I think blogging is the most productive thing one can do while waiting for a train, right? Nice soup!

Ryan said...

Thanks, it was quite tasty! I am sure things taste better when you grow them your self.

The phone is not bad for blogging, apart from it only can include one picture per post which is a bit limiting. But its not bad for whilst out and about!

I am going to start snapping any meals I have out, and snacks and so on!