Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Slicing and grating (Magimix 4200)

I mentioned earlier about how great my Magimix 4200 is and what I have been making with it. Well, here are some of the things you can do.

Fix in the slicing/grating blade - one way up for slicing, the other for grating - simple! There are two of these blades, a thick one and a thin one. Then just feed in whatever you want processed.

And here we have a carrot and a pepper, grated and sliced respectively in under 30 seconds each. I liked the way that the slices are nice and uniform, but that may be my OCD coming into play.


I probably do have new food processor syndrome still. Even though it is very quick to do the processing, I think unless you are making a LOT - like for a big family meal or something like that, then the time taken to wash up the bowl and the blade afterwards kind of wipes out any time saving on the preparation.

Later, I did some sliced potatoes for pommes boulangere, and it was here that I found the Magimix 4200 to be pretty useful. I was able to slice the potatoes really thinly, and evenly all the way to the end. I seem to have forgotten to take any pictures of that though.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

I just love my food processor too! I have a Cuisinart and it has all those great attachments too - makes life so much easier!

Ryan said...

Wow! I only just posted this a second ago! Thanks for reading!

R. said...

Hi Ryan,

It's so hard to find info on this brand, and I'm grateful for your postings. Can you tell me, have you tried using the Magimix for more solid things, like nut butters? I'm always making almond milk, etc., and I do soak the almonds for a day or so first, but my poor old Kitchenaid just wheezes, and doesn't really pulverize them as much as I'd like. I'm really eyeing up a Magimix for this.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rebecca