Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Magimix 4200 Review

I have been suffering from "new food processor syndrome" of late. What is that? Well, it is a propensity to process everything whether it need it or not. I mean, how often do you need to grate a carrot? Well, since I bought my Magimix 4200 I have been going processing mad. I have grated carrots, thinly sliced potatoes for making pommes boulangere, juiced oranges, mixed cakes, kneaded some dough and minced some beef to make burgers.



I opted for the 4200 rather than the 4200 XL as I thought I am never likely to need an extra large feeder tube, and everything else is pretty much the same.

So it obviously works well! It looks good as well, it has those classic clean lines that one could associate with an iPod! It is the sort of thing that won't look dated in 10 years time, which is good as the motor is gauranteed for 12 years! The look of it has a practical purpose too, it is very easy to wipe off. When running, the motor is pretty quiet, and certainly quieter than my old blender I used to use before I got this.

There are tons of attachments with it -

Regular blade
Dough hook
Whisk
2 slicing/ grating blades of different thicknesses
Midi sized bowl
Mini sized bowl with mini blade
Orange juicing attachment

And a storage box to keep them all neatly in as well, which is a nice feature. It means no chance of slicing your finger off on the blade whilst rummaging in the kitchen drawer for something else.

There are some bad points about it - the handle feels a bit flimsy and I can't see it lasting the full 12 years that the motor will, and the orange jucer is a bit tricky to clean out, but all in all I am really pleased with it and I will continue to process away! At least until the novelty wears off.

As I continue with my processing adventures, I will post what I have made so you can get an idea of just how amazing it is! I will tag all the posts with Magimix 4200 so just click on the link to see all the other magimix related posts!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Ruth Elkin said...

Sounds like a very versatile machine!

Elaine said...

Ryan,

Watch your spelling :(

Regards,
Elaine

Ryan said...

Thanks Elaine - I will try... what's the problem in this post? I can't see it sorry!!