Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Beef Burgers (yes... it does involve the Magimix 4200)

Yes, another recipe using the famous Magimix 4200. My previous blender was not powerful or sharp enough to chop meat, so I was pleased to read in the instruction manual that this one is. What better way to test it out than making beef burgers. I am always a bit unsure of exactly what minced meat is really made from, and I assume it is not the best quality meat and all the left over bits. Now I can make minced beef right in front of my eyes.

Take some beef, roughly cut into chunks, an onion, a few chillies, and some garlic.

Place the big blade in the bowl of the food processor.


Chuck in the meat and other ingredients. Grind in some salt and pepper. You can add other ingredients - herbs, spices, tomato, peppers - or whatever you fancy.

Pulse the food processor a few times, until you reach the desired consistency.

Now shape into burgers, using your hands. Cook in the normal way. I find you don't need to use egg to hold the meat together, and I don't like to use bread crumbs in the burgers either.

So, another thing the Magimix can do - mince beef to make burgers, quickly and easily.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: