Monday, 9 June 2008

Minty Pea Salad

I saw a post on herbs at the Leftover Queens blog recently, and thought I had better do something with all the herbs I have growing in my garden! Its nice and sunny outside again, and this salad is very refreshing on a summers day. Perfect for cool salad dinners or something like that.

Pick a nice sprig of mint from the garden.


Blanch some peas - picked from the garden is best, but frozen ones are nice too - and then immerse in cold water to cool them and stop them cooking.

Drain the peas, add a dollop of yoghurt, season with salt and pepper, and then tear up the mint leaves into it. I always try and tear herbs rather than chopping them as the flavour is better.

Mix it all together, and you are done.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Ruth Elkin said...

I love minty peas.

Great to hear you're growing your own herbs!!! I really need to get round to doing that!