Sunday, 27 April 2008

Prawn and Mushroom Bhuna

I do not normally eat mushrooms or prawns as my girlfriend hates them, she says mushrooms are slimy and prawns have a horrible texture, and I can't persuade her otherwise. As she is away tonight, I decided to cook a recipe with both of them in, and found this one for a prawn and mushroom bhuna, the blog it is taken from is an interesting collection of food recipes, and musings on the journey on the Number 79 bus the writer takes daily and such bizarre things as a video of him driving up a ramp to a car park in Slough!

Anyway, back to the food! I followed the recipe almost exactly so I won't regurgitate it here. The only changes I made were I used 4 fresh chillies, 2 cloves of garlic and a knob of fresh ginger instead of the frozen pastes. I also used fresh uncooked prawns and just let them cook a bit longer than the pre-cooked ones.

This is the result - it was very fiery as expected and worth cooking again!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Ben said...

Mushrooms and shrimp are two of my favorite ingredients. J doesn't like mushrooms but I am always sneaking them in our food. Hahaha. Great recipe, Ryan. I think I am going to follow your advice and get me a pasta machine. I am hooked now.

Ruth Elkin said...

It's always good to eat things you're not normally able to when the other half is away and this dish looks and sounds fantastic. I love curries!

Roopa said...

If you tell fierry for this recipe, I am all yes for it:) Love spicy dishes and this looks absolutely droool drool :)