Sunday, 6 April 2008

Chickens Feet and a Box of Frogs

So this is not a recipe as such! Or at all, in fact it's some pictures of a holiday taken in 2006... any idea where? As well as enjoying food, cooking and eating, I love travelling and especially the food experiences you get in foreign places.

I have a photo shuffle screensaver set up, and when I came to my PC just now this picture was on display... a box of live frogs! As seen in a market in this mystery destination.


The market contained many foodie delights, most of then live in some way or another! This guy I found very interesting - he is cutting the claws off chickens feet - taking them from the box by his lap, cutting the nails, and then chucking them in the bucket by his feet.


Now some more market life shots - such a great array of food stuffs! This one is a little bit blurry but you get the feel of the market all the same.


Whoever guesses the location first wins a prize. The prize I think will probably be a post of more food related photos, if it proves popular enough!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Summer said...

Frogs?

Ryan said...

No! The frogs (or maybe toads!) are in a box, you have to guess which country!

Ben said...

I am going to say Thailand. It's just a hunch. :-/

Ryan said...

Nope! Not Thailand. Keep guessing!

Cooking and the City said...

Hi Ryan

is it Vietnam?

Dell xo

ps fun idea :-)

Ryan said...

No, not vietnam! Guess again.

ruthEbabes said...

Malaysia?

Cooking and the City said...

Hong Kong or China? :-)

Drew Kime said...

Darn, Vietnam and Thailand were my first two guesses. If not, then I'll have to go with China.

Ryan said...

Well done, it is China! So Cooking and the City and Drew Kine are the winners. I will have to think up some sort of prize - it might just be some more food pictures! And obviously some individual glory for the winners.

Drew Kime said...

Woo woo! [Drew basks in the glory] Ahh, that feels nice.