Sunday, 2 March 2008

Tasty Beef Burger and Blue Cheese


I had a bit too much wine and beer last night, which made me feel a tad ill today. The best solution for this is plenty of greasy junk food in my opinion. So to cure my hangover I cooked some tasty burgers with blue cheese and a side order of potato wedges. It has worked as well, I feel a lot better with some greasy stodge inside me!


Ingredients

  • 450 g minced beef - the best quality you can afford.
  • 1 small onion
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 egg (beaten)

To serve

  • Blue cheese
  • 4 Soft, floury bread rolls
  • Salad
  • Mayonnaise
  • Burger relish / tomato chutney
Chop the onion up very finely, or use a grater or food processor if possible. Add to a bowl along with the beef and season to your taste. Mix well - I find it works best using your hands.

When its all mixed up nicely, divide into 4 equal balls and shape into burger shapes. You can use a scone cutter or something similar to get a good shape, but as they are home-made burgers I prefer them to have a more rough and ready look about them.

Grill the burgers for about 15 minutes or so under a medium heat, turning occasionally. They are done when the juices run clear and there is no pink in the middle. You can gently split open the burger in the middle to see if its done and then the juices will stick it back together again if you are careful.

Put slices of blue cheese on the burgers and return to the grill to melt the cheese.

Serve in the floury baps with salad, mayonnaise and relish.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: