Monday, 25 February 2008

Green Banana Curry

I was a bit dubious about this recipe when I heard of it, but it does work. I think the next time I try it out I will use some less green bananas, as the really green ones which I used were a little bit tough and dry. It was still edible though and the sauce was delicious.

Ingredients

  • 5 green bananas
  • 1 onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tbsp curry paste (or a big dollop, depending on taste). I used Tikka.
  • 400 mL coconut milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • Lime
  • Fresh coriander
Slice the bananas to about 2.5 cm thickness. Fry in a little vegetable oil until lightly golden brown. Set aside on some kitchen paper to soak off some of the oil.

In the same pan, fry up the onion, finely sliced, and the garlic fr about 10 minutes or until soft and golden.

Chuck the bananas back in the pan and stir in the curry paste, and half the coconut milk. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper, add the rest of the coconut milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Serve garnished with fresh coriander and wedges of lime.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: